The Hawaii Waterman Hall of Fame honors those remarkable legends within our islands’ water sports community whose lifetime of contributions have inspired and perpetuated the unique connection and love between our kama`aina and the ocean.
The inductees will be recognized at the induction ceremony at the Outrigger Canoe Club on August 23, 2018 (Duke Kahanamoku’s birthday).
Nominations may be submitted by an individual or organization. Before you begin the nomination process we recommend you gather general nominee contact info, their accomplishments in watersports, their community involvement, and their photos.
All nominations should include:
- Completed nomination form
- Two letters of recommendation
- 4-6 photos in digital format
Each year, up to five Individuals are selected for this honor based on their:
- Outstanding contribution to ocean-related sports
- Sustained contribution to the community
- International, National and Local sporting accomplishments and recognition
Submit nominations either online or via email
Nominations will remain in consideration for three years in total unless the individual is inducted or the nomination is withdrawn by the nominator. Supportive nominee information is encouraged each year to update a prior nomination.